Chole Rice Source: SBL Kitchen by Mukta Nagaraj Minute Meals 2019 One Pot Meal………..a nutritious meal at home in no time This biryani styled tasty meal prepared with white chickpeas and a kick of extra spices is a popular dish in India.
- Oil ¼ cup
- Butter 3 tsp/ 3 cubes
- Onion 1 bigBay Leaf 1 no
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Clove 1 no
- Kapok Bud ( Marathi Moggu) 1 no
- Garam Masala
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Rice 1 cupElaichi 1 no
- Chole Masala 2 Tsp
- Chilli Powder ½ Tsp
- Tomato purée ½ cup
- Mint leaves few
- Chickpeas 1 cup
- Water 1 ½ cup
- Salt to taste,
- In a pressure cooker add oil, butter and allow it to melt
- Add whole garam Masala, sliced onions, ginger garlic paste, and fry.
- Add turmeric, Chole Masala, chilli Powder and Fry further.
- Reduce the flame and add tomato purée, mint leaves and fry. Add boiled chickpeas, water, and mix.
- Increase the flame and allow it to boil
- Now add the washed rice, close the lid and pressure cook until one whistle
- Then reduce the temperature to 180C & bake it for another 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, then open the lid
- Loosen the cooked rice using a fork to avoid it from getting mushy .
- Serve with buttermilk.